Ever since I launched my Blog in late January 2012, I have received enormous blessings through various Blog Awards Nominations.
Stephanie the Great Poet: http://lostupabove.wordpress.com kindly nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award on 1 February 2012. With the nomination she poured down her blessings to me, and for this reason I’d like to sincerely thank her. 🙂
Seven things about myself:
- My favorite holiday activity is reading while sunbathing. Give me the sunlight and a great book then I’ll be spending hours and hours on the beach.
- Soccer? Yes, definitely! I used to be a striker but now play a goalie. Also, I am a big fan of Germany National Team.
- I’ve had life’s ups and downs during my political and student organization activities in the past 12 years. Despite the notoriety, for me politics is a great way to upheave the life of people; I mean, look at what Mahatma Gandhi did with India and Nelson Mandela with South Africa. So my latest assignment as the President of PPIA (Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia di Australia-The National Board of Indonesian Student Association in Australia) in 2010-2011 was my way of contributing to my Indonesian fellows in Australia.
- Favorite authors? Well, I have quite a long list of authors whose works I admire the most: Kahlil Gibran, Paulo Coelho, Pramoedya Ananta Toer, Elizabeth Gilbert, Yasunari Kawabata, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Salman Rushdie, Henry James, Joyce Carol Oates, and Khaled Hosseini.
- I have a penchant for music; anything that is beautifully melodious would easily win my ears. The list includes The Beatles, Rhoma Irama, Mohammed Abdouh, Benyamin Sueb, Mozart, Nelly Furtado, The Pretenders, Bryan Adams, Anggun C Sasmi.
- I am a nocturnal man. My brain works best at night. That’s when I do my PhD and write my stories and poems.
- Movies? Sure. I watch the best ones in cinemas and I have a ‘not too bad’ collection of DVDs. My favorites? Oh, Tintin, The Bourne Trilogy, and James Bond series; but these are not all.
Keeping the tradition alive, I’d like to nominate the following blogs:
http://anyluckypeny.wordpress.com/; http://sacredlanguage.wordpress.com/ ; http://olivetwist.wordpress.com/ ; http://singyourwayouttaboredom.wordpress.com/; http://madeandi.com/; http://amelbournegirlatheart.wordpress.com/; http://bountifulhealing.wordpress.com/ ; http://gracelefay.wordpress.com/; http://maxlaneonline.com/; http://aliteraryartistsmusic.com/; http://kmeng3.wordpress.com/; http://baileypowell.com/; http://bloodinkdiary.wordpress.com/; http://thatgirlwhit.wordpress.com/; http://laurelsreflections.wordpress.com/
For this award you will have to do a couple of things as follows:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
While Celeste: http://celestealluvial.wordpress.com, another great poet, nominated me for One Lovely Blog Award, on 7/2/2012; the same nomination came from StutiJ: http://stutijdesai.com on the following day. With these nominations I felt that it is truly humbling when your work is appreciated by others.
For the award,
my nominations in no particular order are:
These people are inspirational! Thank you for sharing your work with me, guys! It has always been a pleasure. 🙂 And for those of you who haven’t seen their works, I encourage you to do so.
1. Accept the award; post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to other newly discovered blogs.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
The last nomination? Well, I’m sure you know this, but in case you don’t, I just would like to let you know that “Liebster” is German for ‘beloved’ or ‘dearest’. Yeah, you’re right: it’s related to the word “Liebe” or “Love”. In nominating me on 12 February 2012, Adolyciousirony, http://allaboutlemon.com wrote to me, “Hello dear, you are loved, congratulations! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award”
I felt so happy as I was reading this! Thank you Adolyciousirony! 🙂 And with her wonderful love, I have crafted her aphorism, “Greed is an ugly default… Sharing is Caring”, in my heart. That’s why I’d love to nominate the following greatly enriching blogs:
I love these blogs! And I hope you will too. 🙂
Nominees, to accept this award, you will have to:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks (or more) for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere– other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
Reeling from this outpouring and appreciation, I’d like to once again thank my fellow bloggers: Adolyciousirony, http://allaboutlemon.com, Celeste: http://celestealluvial.wordpress.com, StutiJ: http://stutijdesai.com, and Stephanie http://lostupabove.wordpress.com, for the award nominations.
Thank you for teaching me the beauty of love and the sacred of sharing.
Thank you, thank you; and I can’t do anything else but remain humbled.
God Bless You All! 🙂